Data Center, Health Care, Telecom
Since 1981, General Electric's Energy Commandar has provided reliable power switching system to customer facilities. The Energy Commander has evolved to adjust to changing technology in order to stay at the forefront of design and reliability.
Systems where a portion of the load is very critical would be best suited for paralleling one or more generator sets. By using parallel operation, the generator sets start simultaneously. The first set reaching proper parameters will inherit the most critical portion of the load, with the rest pick up the lower priority loads. By utilizing a load shedding application, if a generator set fails, it won't interrupt power to the critical loads, thus less important loads can be dropped off the line.
Paralleling power sources allows the ultimate flexibility offering a variety of choices for generation, distribution and utilization of the system's power.
If one engine or generator set is out of service for maintenance, repair, or upgrade, the remaining sets stay synchronized on the same bus providing the necessary back-up power. This is especially ideal when outages occur.
Zenith Energy Commander Features and Benefits:
- Intuitive interface requires virtually no learning curve to operate system.
- Main screen navigation buttons and non-system critical button/switches.
- System testing screen to manually initiate automatic system testing operations.
- Generator interface and optimization settings latched into the PLC control system upon entry.
- System load add/shed manual control redundant to hard-wired manual control switches in master control.
- Designed to dynamically add or shed load based on the system load level rather than using inflexible load blocks.
- The system is programmed to dynamically track the size of each load individually. This allows the system to quickly determine exactly how many loads are to be added to or shed from the system, whether it is in the middle of the afternoon or in the middle of the night.
- A GE governor controller is supplied which has the functionality required by different applications and the flexibility to communicate with all types of existing engines. (Can be used in conjunction with speed controller or can do it itself.)
Zenith Energy Commander Specifications:
- UL1558 and UL891 designs
- 480 - 15kVA class
- IBC-2005 and IEEE std 693-1997 seismic qualifications
- OSHPD seismic qualifications
- NEMA 1 and NEMA 3R enclosures
Zenith Energy Commander Scope:
- Capable of soft loading and unloading the generator.
- VAR/pf controller built in, load sharing (kW and kVAR).
- Equipped with its own automatic synchronizer that checks for voltage matching.