Data Center, Health Care, Industrial
General Electric's Digital Commander GE switchgear is a new system designed to adapt to the changing technologies in engine generator design, switchgear controls and monitoring systems. This system shows GE's continuing commitment to reliable solutions for critical power applications.
Mission critical facilities would be wise paralleling two or more generator sets. Generator Paralleling Switchgear monitors the status of the incoming utility and automatically starts the generators should the utility experience power fluctuations or outage. With parallel operation any available generator can be used for load support. Should the generator fail, paralleling switchgear redirects available capacity to the load with high priority, allowing a failure to not interrupt power to the most critical loads.
By paralleling your power sources, your facility has a wide variety of choices for generation, distribution and utilization of system power.
If a single generator set is out of service for maintenance, repair, or upgrade, the remaining sets will be synchronized on the same bus if back-up power is needed.
Zenith Digital Commander Features and Benefits:
- Controls for up to 16 generators and two separate buses
- Controls different types of generators such as MTU, Cummins and CAT
- 18” Advanced Control System touch screen
- Manage up to 16 loads
- Single utility single generator main breakers control
- Open transition mode of operation between utility and generators
- Modbus communication to the engine generator sets
- Modbus communication to up to:
- 16 GE breakers [Entelliguard trip units] distributing the load
- or up to 32 GEZ ATSs
- Modbus TCP to Building Management System [BMS] or Power Monitoring and Control System [PMCS]
- Electrical metering for the generators
- Alarm and Event logging
- Different non-emergency system tests:
- Test no load, with load, or with load bank
- Virtually no learning curve required to operate system.
- Main screen navigation buttons and non-system critical button/switches.
- System testing screen to manually initiate automatic system testing operations.
- Generator interface and optimization settings latched into the PLC control system upon entry.
- Designed to dynamically add or shed load based on the system load level rather than using inflexible load blocks.
- System programmed to dynamically track the size of each load individually.
- A generator controller is added, if required, which has the functionality required by different applications and the flexibility to communicate with all types of existing engines.
Zenith Digital Commander Specifications:
- UL508 Listed Controls
- Available for controlling both Low Voltage and Medium Voltage
- NEMA 1 and NEMA 3R enclosures
- Seismic Certified